lily pu floral designs

lily pu floral designs

Monday, June 28, 2010

Brooklyn jellyfish ballet

Aren't these jellyfishes mesmerizing? I couldn't take my eyes off them at the Aquarium on Brooklyn's Coney Island. I wanted to take them home with me but didn't want to get arrested, so instead I made this video. I love their dreamy, rhythmic choreography and tantalizing display of feathery, ribbon-like tentacles. I think I"m so attracted to them because they're flower-like. They make me want to make my flower arrangements more rhythmically beautiful...my thoughts go to a lotus pond in Taiwan, where a summer breeze stirred the lotus flowers to sway and dance. It was a spectacularly magical moment: another one of nature's perfectly choreographied ballets. [note: be sure to mute the audio before playing]

No comments:

Post a Comment