lily pu floral designs

lily pu floral designs

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Frienship Through Flowers








"anybody can do ikebana anytime, anywhere, with anything"---Sofu Teshigahara, Founder of Sogetsu

It was in this spirit that fellow Ikebana International Board members and I spent the day in Bedford-Stuyvesant yesterday to teach 30 boys and girls how to arrange flowers. I must admit I was a bit intimidated at first, what with all the negative press associated with Brooklyn's Bed-Stuy neighborhood. Actually, the kids were a joy to work with. They were well behaved, respectful of us and the flowers, and very enthusiastic---even the boys. Arent' they cute, looking so proud of their creations? I was proud too, to be living up to our organization's motto: "Friendship through Flowers".

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Lily! I love what you did!! That's the way of living with flowers as a Flower Joyologist!! Yes, I call myself as a Flower Joyologist who shares love and joy with other people through flowers. I found that you are too, a fantastic joyologist!!! So grate to meet you. I look forward to seeing you again soon!!

    Love and hugs,

    Hana

    ReplyDelete