lily pu floral designs

lily pu floral designs

Friday, February 12, 2010

Gallery Exhibit

[photo by Carol Dronsfield]
Last summer I visited my 94-year old dad, who lives in a Chinese senior home. I learned many, many life lessons during my stay there. One of them was "Age has its own Beauty". It was a remark gently whispered to me by one of the residents, upon observing my attempt to "refresh" a 2-day old flower arrangement of mine. It changed my mind about removing a leaf that was beginning to yellow with age.

So, for an exhibit at Nippon Gallery in New York last fall, I chose Bird's Nest Ferns that were aged over 3- 6 months. Notice their feathery edges, fading striations and gently curling shapes.

I think they give this arrangement a unique, soulful sensibility. Do you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lily-
    Congrats on publishing your new Blog!
    I love it. The arrangements are stunning--just like YOU!
    Can't wait to see more work. Where can one purchase an arrangement by Lily?
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is happy to make you a custom arrangement any time, any size, for any occasion! Just call her at 917 945 9054. Mention the password "FlowerGirl" and you'll get a special discount for blog visitors only. Thank you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete