lily pu floral designs

lily pu floral designs

Friday, February 26, 2010

With this arrangement I hoped to capture the blustery feeling of the big Nor'easter that's blown into NY, closing schools and roads, knocking down trees and power lines, and rendering most of us snowbound, once again.

These are red Siberian dogwood branches I'd saved from Christmastime. I was delighted to find them starting to bloom. And still quite flexible, I was able to bend and twist them. While doing so, tiny white petals came fluttering down, dusting my hair! Here I was, cozily indoors yet feeling... totally windswept.

4 comments:

  1. siberian dogwood branches look very pretty now that they are growing green leaves. love the circles at the rim of the vase. beautiful arrangement, Lily. we missed you in class yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this arrangement, so attractive with a lot of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tough to describe why I like this one so much...still working on finding the words for my feelings :)

    I very much enjoyed the imagery of your arrangement snowing on you while you intended to capture a snowstorm.

    I added your blog to my Google Reader so I can keep up with your posts.
    Can I share your blog with my friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means a lot to me that one of my arrangements touched you.Like a "trifecta":1) i thoroughly enjoyed making it, 2) having finished making it, i drew much pleasure from looking at it, and 3)hearing such wonderful feedback further adds to my joy.
    Thank you for the taking the time to look at my blog, and by all means spread the word.

    ReplyDelete