lily pu floral designs

lily pu floral designs

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Don't you just want to leave winter behind
and go loll under a nice palm tree on a sandy beach?

If you're like me and can't, the next best thing may be to surround yourself with some tropical flora.

I was lucky to be gifted these lush Philodendron bipinnatifidum leaves, roses and snapdragons from Mel. The lichen/moss-covered branches I foraged from the swampy woods of Virginia. The antique Japanese bamboo vase is a gift from my dad.

Now, all I need is a Mai-Tai and hammock!

4 comments:

  1. It was great catching up with you the other day!! I love any arrangements with philodendron... I am a huge fan of tropical leaves in general! Yes- Mai-tai and your beautiful arrangement goes perfectly together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, i had a very nice time too!
    btw, on Monday, March 8th 1-3pm there is a private sale of ikebana vases from the estate of a recently deceased ikebana master. I got a sneak peek. It's a terrific assortment--a lot of vintage pieces like Sensei's as well as modern ones! Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get you in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting combinations! yet, they seem working together. I guess you can't leave winter completely behind yet though... the lichen branch suggests a subtle winter feeling. Those silverly moss look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be away for the week... so I won't make it. It sounds really interesting though!! I wish I coould go and do some shopping. Let me know if you get anything :)

    ReplyDelete